If you’ve ever wondered what it was like giving a kitten a bath, you’re going to want to see this video! While not all cats or kittens enjoy the water, you can actually make bathtime a pleasant time for your kitten if you try.
For whatever reason, cat’s just don’t like water. Maybe they don’t like the sound or the feel, or maybe it’s just because they’re used to their moms licking them to clean them instead of running water…but regardless, cats just don’t seem to like water.
If you want to see a calm kitty getting a bath, this video is the one for you.
Giving a Kitten A Bath
Things to do to help your kitten enjoy or tolerate a bath
Even though your kitten may not like having a bath, it’s necessary at times to help get them clean or get rid of fleas. If you’re looking for things to do to help your kitten enjoy or tolerate a bath, try these simple tips to help:
- Talk in a calm voice during the time that you’re bathing your kitten
- Have the water running from the faucet in a slow and steady manner
- Don’t use a water sprayer to help clean – always use a small washcloth or your hands
- Keep its face clear of the direct water stream
- Wrap it up and “swaddle” it once the bath is over
- Snuggle it and keep it warm after it’s out of the water
These simple tips can help make bathtime for your kitty a lot more enjoyable than you ever thought possible.
Do you have any tips for giving your kitty a bath?